The factory fuel pump system in the Audi R8 and Lamborghini Huracan utilizes a high-end brushless fuel pump, and a complex routing of fuel lines to produce an excellent fuel delivery solution. Unfortunately, the engineers designing the OEM system didn’t spec it to be capable of the 1000+ HP that we commonly see from our Alpha Twin Turbo Kit vehicle builds. Our AMS Snailworks® Engineering Team took this as an opportunity to not only increase the total throughput of the fuel pump system, but to do it in such a way that all of the OEM functionality is retained. Gone are the days of being required to keep your fuel tank filled to a minimum of a half tank, or being forced to use an external fuel surge tank mounted in the engine bay.
- Full Alpha Fuel System supports 2400+ HP of fuel delivery on gasoline and 1600+ HP on e85
- Twin brushless fuel pumps provide quiet operation and extreme flow capability
- All materials and components are fully ethanol and methanol compatible
- Fully integrates with stock ECU or standalone ECU software such as MoTeC M142 for a seamless solution
- CNC machined red anodized aluminum fuel pump assembly bulkhead and fuel pump outlet manifold
- Uses race-grade AN fittings and quick connect fittings for easy install and leak-free operation
- Utilizes externally corrugated, smooth bore, PTFE lined hose for kink-free flexibility, excellent flow, and fuel fume control
- Plug ‘n Play harnesses included for an easy install
- CNC machined anodized aluminum brackets secure the fuel pumps within basket
- Siphon system functionality retained to allow for OEM-like low fuel level usage and monitoring
ENGINEERED TO BE THE BEST
AMS Performance is an engineering company first. We have built our 20 year reputation as a leading motorsports aftermarket component manufacturer by creating the highest performing parts through a focused engineering approach to design. This design method allows us to include features not found in any other kits on the market, including motorsports quality plug-n-play harnesses, high-end externally corrugated, smooth bore, PTFE lined fuel lines with AN fitting connections, and CNC machined pump manifold and assembly bulkhead. Where others may use plastic fittings, low grade rubber fuel hose, and leak prone clamps, we have put together a system that uses the highest quality materials for years of trouble free operation.
Elegant solutions were engineered and implemented across the entire Alpha Fuel System Twin Pump Kit. From the CNC machined pump assembly manifold engineered via Solidworks© Computer-Aided Design (CAD) software, down to the Plug ‘n Play electrical harnesses designed to make installation a breeze, the Twin Pump Kit is a testament to engineering excellence. One of the most significant achievements of our engineering team has been retaining a functional siphon system to keep both sides of the fuel system filled with fuel, while still being able to provide substantially increased fuel flow to the engine over the OEM system. This is accomplished by completely redesigning the system from the ground up with a proprietary siphon routing solution. This allows us to not only keep the auxiliary side of the tank filled, but to keep the pump assembly itself filled with fuel – directly. This allows the Alpha Fuel System to not only feed the twin brushless pumps with fuel when below a half tank full, but to allow your fuel gauge needle to read as accurately as OEM.
Giving extra attention to the details is what sets us apart from the competition, which is why we include a 3D printed cut template in the Alpha Fuel System Twin Pump Kit. This template allows for you to easily trim the plastic assembly to fit a secondary pump within it. A simple and inexpensive tool for us to make that makes installation as painless as possible for you. Also included with the Alpha Fuel System Twin Pump Kit is a USB thumb drive which contains our 55 page, full-color, industry-leading instruction guide. Thoughtful features like these help make our kit the simplest to install on the market.
DELIVERING A COMPLETE SOLUTION WITH THE ALPHA FUEL SYSTEM
The Alpha Fuel System has been developed by our talented AMS Snailworks® Engineering Team as a complete system, but with a modular approach. We know that many enthusiasts will want to do custom fuel system builds to their own specifications, so we’ve broken down the complete vehicle fuel system to four separate subcomponents – the Twin Pump Kit at the fuel tank, the Fuel Pressure Regulator and Fuel Line Kit in the engine bay, the Fuel Rail Kit on the intake manifold, and an optional Flex Fuel Kit Add-on for those wanting to run ethanol fuels. While these four main subcomponents are available to purchase separately, they have all been designed to fit together seamlessly as a complete system.
The benefit of developing a system in this manner is that we can reimagine how the system fits and works together to optimize vehicle-wide systems to improve fuel flow, drivability, and ease-of-use. There are a number of extremely restrictive components within the factory fuel system which our reimagined Alpha Fuel System reroutes, removes, or replaces to vastly increase fuel throughput. Another of the key features of the Alpha Fuel System is the ability to have OEM-like siphon system functionality, without the highly restrictive fuel flow of the OEM system. Because we have been able to re-engineer the entire fuel system as a complete unit, we can provide fuel to both sides of the saddle tank equally, keeping the fuel pump assembly full of fuel at all times. Where other builder’s kits use impractical and potentially dangerous external surge tanks, or can’t be driven below half a tank without fuel starving, the Alpha Fuel System solves these issues by way of our advanced engineering.
- 2017-Current Audi R8 Gen 2 (Incl. Plus & Performance models)
- 2015-Current Lamborghini Huracan (Incl. Performante & Evo models)
- The subcomponents of the R8/Huracan Alpha Fuel System are all designed to be used in conjunction with one another. Some custom fitting will be necessary if you are not using the complete Alpha Fuel System.
- Stock ECU compatibility relies heavily upon the software being used to calibrate it. We can only guarantee functionality with our proprietary AMS stock ECU tuning software found in our Alpha packages.
- Installation instructions are located on the included USB flash drive.
WARNING: By purchasing this fuel system component you confirm that you have read and understand the following: WARNING/DANGER: SERIOUS RISK OF FIRE, EXPLOSION, BODILY INJURY INCLUDING RESULTING DEATH, AND ENGINE, VEHICLE, AND OTHER PROPERTY DAMAGE. THIS FLEX FUEL KIT MUST BE INSTALLED AND REMOVED ONLY BY A QUALIFIED MOTOR SPORTS TECHNICIAN. THE TECHNICIAN ALSO MUST BE TRAINED IN HOW TO INSTALL AND REMOVE THIS KIT FROM THIS SPECIFIC VEHICLE. THE TECHNICIAN MUST NOT PARTICIPATE IN ANY ACTIVITY THAT WOULD BE CONSIDERED A CATALYST FOR IGNITION WHILE INSTALLING OR REMOVING THIS KIT AND MUST READ THE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE INSTALLATION OR REMOVAL.