AUDI R8 ALPHA 9 TWIN TURBO PACKAGE (INSTALLED)
Introducing the ALPHA 9 Audi R8 Twin Turbo Package! The ALPHA Packages have dominated every single platform they’ve been built for. Countless world records and motorsport championship wins prove to our customers that they are getting the absolute best the performance aftermarket has to offer. The ALPHA 9 Twin Turbo Package for the Audi R8 has been painstakingly engineered and tested to OEM levels of quality, reliability and drivability. Using the same components that are found in our ALPHA Twin Turbo Kit, this package has been developed by our in-house engineers to provide a turn-key solution for excellent drivability and road manners at 900+ horsepower. The ALPHA 9, sets a new standard in usable supercar performance.
- Complete Twin Turbo System with ECU & TCU Tuning Included
- 900 HP on 93 Octane Pump Gas 950+ HP on 100 Octane Fuel (with optional map switching)
- 60-130 in a Blistering 4.69 Seconds with Optional 100 Octane Mapping!
- Less Money and More Power Than The Competition
- Launch Control and Optional Map Switching on Factory ECU
- Mid-9 Second Quarter Mile Runs on Street Tires
- Direct Bolt-on Design for Rapid Installation, No Modification to Chassis
- Drives Like Stock Until You Mat the Throttle
- Closed Loop Feedback Boost Controller Allows for Variable Boost by Gear Functionality
- A Complete Turn-key Package, Priced Including Installation Labor and Calibration
- As Seen on Netflix’s Hyperdrive
THE AUDI R8 ALPHA 9 TWIN TURBO SYSTEM
As standard, the ALPHA 9 Twin Turbo Package for the Audi R8 makes 900 HP (approx. 825-850 to the wheels) on regular 93 octane pump gasoline and with the optional Map Switching feature, you can expect 950 HP (approx. 875-900 to the wheels) when tuned on 100 octane. This power equates to a blistering 4.69 second 60-130 mph time, and endlessly repeatable mid 9 second quarter mile runs even on standard street tires. The best part is your R8 will drive exactly like stock around town until it turns into a rocket ship when you go wide open throttle.
Available as a turn-key package, The ALPHA 9 has been developed as a bolt-in solution that can be installed in days instead of months at AMS Performance, or at your local select AMS certified installer. No modifications to the chassis or emissions systems are necessary, and our team has worked diligently to make sure our ALPHA 9 components have a fit and finish better than OEM. This system is kept in stock and ready to be installed on your vehicle as soon as you are ready to start your build. No months long wait times for fabrication, or excuses from parts vendors, like you’ve heard nightmare stories of from other shops.
ENGINEERED TO WIN
Our SnailWorks© Engineering Team has spent hundreds of R&D hours refining the ALPHA 9 Twin Turbo Package to be the best performing, highest quality, and easiest to install kit on the market. Focusing on component and materials selection is crucial, and is why we have selected top tier components as the foundation of our system, like the Garrett intercooler cores and turbochargers, along with TiAL wastegates and blow off valves, and a high flow brushless water pump for maximum performance and reliability. Everything has been thought of, even down to the fine details like tungsten ceramic coating and line sheathing for superior heat management.
Our team has gone the extra mile to develop innovative new solutions to problems found when adding forced induction to the 5.2 FSI V10 engine found in the Audi R8. One of the things we saw during the development phase was a substantial air leak at the intake manifold flange due to the now positive air pressure within the manifold. To solve this, we developed a beautifully machined and anodized aluminum ring which fits around each intake runner gasket to provide additional sealing pressure. We chose to engineer and machine an elegant solution while competitors take the easy way out and use silicone to essentially glue the manifold pieces together.
THE MOST ADVANCED STOCK ECU SOFTWARE ON THE PLANET
With the ALPHA 9 Package, there is nothing additional needed as we are providing an all inclusive solution with all parts, labor, and tuning services. The ALPHA 9 Package comes with all ECU and TCU hardware and software, as well as our expert calibration service on our in-house dynamometer. (Remote service available for AMS Certified Installers)
When developing our V10 Twin Turbo solutions, we were faced with the question of whether to use a standalone Engine Management System (EMS) or to keep the factory ECU intact. While a standalone EMS does have its perks, the factory ECU has a number of benefits that the standalone does not. Notably, the cost of the build is substantially reduced by using factory ECU tuning. With a Motec EMS totaling over $10,000 for hardware alone, it’s easy to see how retaining the factory ECU may be the best option. The factory ECU also allows for total and complete control over all vehicle systems. No need to worry if certain modes, or emissions systems will be recognized and communicate with the factory ECU.
We found that the most requested feature from our customers was to have the ability to change maps on-the-fly for high and low boost levels, or for different fuel types. Our team was able to develop the world’s first stock ECU Map Switching feature for the V10 platform which allows you to quickly and easily select one of three standard maps and an optional fourth map without leaving the driver’s seat. Choose the best map for how you’re using the vehicle by selecting from “Valet,” “91 octane,” “93 octane,” or “100 octane” fuel maps. Watch as Martin gives you a tour of this new feature that takes just seconds to complete.
- GTX Series Garrett Turbos w/ AMS Lava Rock PTP Blankets
- AMS Air/Water Intercoolers utilizing Garrett Cores
- AMS Tig Welded and Powder Coated Intercooler and Intake Piping
- AMS Exhaust X Pipe w/ Tungsten Ceramic Coating
- AMS Water Tank and Billet Cap
- High Flow Brushless Water Pump
- AMS Motorsport Grade Black Heat Exchangers at Front Bumper
- TiAL Blow Off Valves and Wastegates
- AMS Boost Controller Kit w/ Boost by Gear Function
- AMS ECU & TCU OBD Flashing Modules
- AMS Ancillary Components, Including all Hardware, Lines, Wiring, and Heat Shielding
- Installation Labor Included at our West Chicago Facility
- Calibration for both ECU and TCU on our In-house Dynamometer
- *OPTIONAL* Map Switching Selections for Low, Medium, and High Boost Levels. (Valet Mode, 91, and 93 Octane Fuels – International Fuel Mappings Available)
- *OPTIONAL* Map Switching Selection for Race Level Boost (Requires 100 Octane Fuel)
2017 – 2019 Audi R8 (Gen 2)*Spyder fitment has not been confirmed